About the Program
- The AFL TSP will combine the development of young AFL players’ talents with an outstanding education. We aim to provide a six year program of support that enables participants to access the best coaching, resources, competitions, technical development and learning in a multicultural environment that reflects the game.
- The new partnership with the QBE Sydney Swans Academy will provide Technical Training, Strength and Conditioning, Match analysis and Expertise.
- In essence, it’s a school-based program in which we provide support and resources.
- Support in the classroom and understanding the pressures on talented athletes
- The curriculum will be designed to assist students in sporting pursuits but recognises and ensures support for a well-rounded education
- A flexible timetable that maximises schooling and their football within the rules of the Department of Education and Communities
- Sport time and PE time devoted to AFL
- Some senior students have in lieu of timetable due to morning sessions
- TSP mentors that offer individual attention to our students in AFL and in the classroom
- Provide expert training for students through QBE Sydney Swans Academy
- A safe and invigorating environment for all students
- ESHS promotes a school culture where staff work collaboratively with students to achieve their personal best academically, on the sporting field & in the community, through quality learning programs, respectful relationships & commitment.
What we offer in the Program
- Excellent Weights Gym and indoor Facilities
- Links and communication between clubs and strengthening support of AFL within the Sutherland Shire
- Video analysis of games and sessions
- Morning Training sessions
- In school curriculum time technical sessions Highly qualified coaches who are committed to the AFL Curriculum and directions for the development of players in ALF.