About the Program
The aim of the program is to enhance and develop all round athletes. The athletics program is designed to assist athletes to achieve at both intermediate and elite junior level. All athletic events are covered at training including jumps, throws and sprinting and middle distance.
Through participation we hope to encourage all athletes to achieve their personal best and to follow a course. The athletes learn to work cooperatively with coaches, mentors and with each other. They also develop organisational skills that will encourage not only good sporting habits but encourage the development of the all round person.
Head Coach – Jacinta Doyle
- Ex Endeavour student
- 5 time Australian representative
- 12 State records
- 5 Australian Junior records
- 15 time Australian Champion (2000-2015)
- Specialist: sprints, hurdles, relays and Long Jump
- Youth Olympics Australian Team Captain
- Sutherland Athletics Junior President
- Sutherland Athletics Team Captain
- Qualified Athletics Australia Coach
- Level 1 Community Athletics Coach
- Personal Trainer/Strength Coach
- Multi Junior and National medallist (specialising in 400m)
- Open national medallist and finalist
- Blues award through the NSW Sports Association
- Level 2 Throws Coach (Athletics Australia)
- Coached athletes to State and National Medals
Alex Jones (Mentor)
- Teacher PDHPE
- Level 1 Athletics Coach
- Bachelor of Sports Science (Exercise Physiology)
Jesse Richardson (Mentor)
- Teacher PDHPE
- Bachelor of Health and Movement (Sport)
Tuesday and Thursday sessions at school or at Sylvania Athletic fields (mandatory). Students complete session work with a variety of coaches to promote an all round athlete. They can participate in all 4 disciplines offered.
Competition and events
Whilst the aim of TSP at Endeavour is to develop individual skills we help individuals to achieve their best. We encourage appreciate all athletes to compete in Zone, Regional and State CHS competitions. Athletes also have the opportunity to compete in All School Athletics.
$700 per annum.