About the Program
The aim of the program is to “value add” to the cricket experience gained outside the school environment. To achieve this students experience a wide range of expert tuition in skill acquisition and knowledge in all aspects of the game. This involves practical and theoretical exposure to elements such as cricket history, skill acquisition and revision, game situations on tour and also knockout and round robin competition formats.
Every opportunity will be given to each student to forge their career path from junior representative teams to grade and NSW under age representation.
Students are encouraged to have a passion for and empathy towards all aspects of this wonderful game. They are expected to maintain an acceptable academic standard and behave respectfully at all times. Parents have the chance to regularly speak with mentors and coaches about their child’s academic achievements, behaviour and cricket development.
A number of our recent players have excelled in their HSC including Alex Johnston (91.80) Sam James Nuygen (87) James Drahalavis (86) Robert Henriques (84.95) Andrew McRae (86.51) Mitchell Edwards (85.2), whilst numerous others have gone onto study degrees at University.
- Tim Laws – Head Coach / Mentor (Former Endeavour Sports High Student)
- Mathematics & PDHPE Teacher
- Level 2 Cricket Coach
- Former 1stGrade Cricketer (St George & Randwick Petersham)
- Ex Overseas Country Professional
- Australian Country Cricket Representative
- NSW Country Cricket Representative
- NSW U/17’s & U/19’s Squad Representative
- NSW All Schools & NSW CHS Schoolboys Representative
- CHS NSW Schoolboys Player of the Carnival (Steve Rixon Trophy 2002)
- NSW CHS Cricket Selector
- Current Sydney East Coach (2012 & 2014 Winners)
Paul Van Ryan – Head Mentor / Coach
- HSIE Teacher (24 Years)
- Level 1 Cricket Coach
- Welfare and Support of students (Mental, Academic, Cricket)
Nathan Loveday – Coach (Former Endeavour Sports High Student)
- Level 1 Cricket Coach
- Former 1stGrade Representative (Eastern Suburbs)
- NSW U/17’s & U/19’s Cricket Representative
- NSW CHS Cricket Representative
Many specialist coaches are also regularly involved in training sessions, these coaches are 1st grade players from both St George and Sutherland cricket clubs.
Summer TSP cricket trains on both Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at school in the nets area. Seniors train 7am before class on the same days, particularly when the cricket competitions are in season.
- Skill Acquisition
- Nets Sessions
- Game Simulation/ Game Sense
- Technique Refinement (Bowling Machine)
- Analysis of Games
Winter Terms 2 & 3 are primarily fitness, technique development and biomechanical analysis training sessions with a diverse range of activities in place. These sessions are conducted on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Match Analysis
- Goal Setting
- Tactical Awareness
- Fitness Training (Pro-Teen Gym, Beach Fitness(Cronulla), Boxing, Sprint Training with Athletics Program)
- Indoor Cricket Competitions (reaction based/ Emphasis on fielding)
- Historical Awareness (Historical Assessment, Research Tasks, Bradman Museum, Leadership Days)
- Video Analysis of Individual Skills (fine tuning techniques)
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Scoring Course
- Umpiring Course
- Coaching Course
Competitions and Events
Senior players are involved in “The Davidson Shield” – a state wide knockout.
They must first compete in a Sports High Schools standalone competition which consists of one T/20 and one 40 Over match against all 4 Sports High Schools.
Juniors primarily compete in the Sports Schools Challenge, the Shire Cup and Year 7 and 8 have trial games against the Sports High Schools and compete in the Super 8’s Competition.
The compulsory fee for TSP cricket is $600 per year. The fee goes toward covering the costs for:
- TSP Uniform
- School Administration Fees
- Coaches outside of school
- Cricket Equipment
- Umpiring Fees
- Ground Fees
- Bus Hire
- Team Fees for competitions
- Minimising Costs of activities at venues outside of school
In the News
Moises Henriques awarded with BAGGY GREEN for Australia
Moises Henriques gains Cricket Australia Contract for 2013/2014 Season
Tim Laws Current ESHS Teacher / Coach Selected in NSW COUNTRY CRICKET TEAM 2012/2013
Daniel Arahu Student Selected in NSW U/17’s Team to play in Tasmania 2012
Daniel Arahu Student Selected in U/19s Squad 2013