About the Program
Endeavour Sports High School’s Dance TSP allows for students to develop their technique and performance quality whilst learning about the importance of safe dance. Students engage in different dance genres, where all teachers are qualified and are or have been working in the dance industry. Students train in the following dance genres:
- Hip Hop
- Musical Theatre
- Vocals and Acting (to assist with musical theatre) and more.
During their training, students focus on:
- The development of dance technique and body skills, strength/conditioning and performance quality
- SAFE Dance practices and the importance of understanding the human body in relation to Dance
- Cognitive development
- The human body and how it relates to Dance
- Understanding creative processes in relation to composition
- The importance of healthy nutrition and injury management
Dancers are accepted into TSP dance via an audition process and must be a part of a studio (or engage in out of school training) once accepted into the program. Successful students are presented many performance and development opportunities throughout the year, including but not limited to:
- In The Spotlight Dance Festival
- State Dance Festival
- Schools Spectacular
- Sutherland Dance Festival
- Workshops held at the school with noteworthy choreographers. These choreographers include the likes of Sarah Boulter and Neale Whittaker
- Flash Mob
- Education Week
- School assemblies and presentation days
- Sydney Dance Company workshops
- Parramatta Riverside workshops
- Arts Unit workshops and master classes
- Students may also be presented the opportunity to audition for State Dance Ensembles
- Annual Endeavour Sports High School Performing Arts Showcase
TSP Dance Requirements
Once students have been accepted into the TSP Dance program, they will be required to co-sign a contract with their parents/carers. The contract outlines:
- Behaviour requirements
- Financial commitments
- Performance commitments
- Competition commitments
- TSP Dance clothing standards
All students must wear the TSP Dance uniform clothes to all rehearsals. Hair must be tied up and out of the student’s face and excessive amounts of jewellery should be removed due to safety. Students are not allowed to wear socks due to safety and must bring appropriate footwear. If students do not follows the TSP Dance regulations, their position will be compromised and they will be placed on a TSP Contract.
All students must be an active member of a dance studio outside of school and TSP Dance training hours.
The Dance staff at Endeavour Sports High School are highly qualified and experienced. Miss Kyriacou is passionate about Dance and is committed to developing the athletes in the program so that they can achieve their personal best.
- Bachelor of Dance Education:
Dance, PDHPE, Community and Family Studies and Sports Life and Recreation
- Assists with Coordinating Regional and State Dance Festivals
- Schools Spectacular Production Team
- Mentored HSC students who have achieved bands 5 and 6 in Dance
- Students have gained positions in the State Dance Ensembles
- Students have gained positions in Schools Spectacular Featured Dance Ensemble
Guest tutors include:
- Felicity Stav
- Annie Quinn
- Monique Constantine
- Daniella Rodrigues
- Sarah Boulter
- Neale Whittaker
Students will be accepted into performance groups which rehearse in the mornings between 7:30am – and 8:30am. Students will only go to the necessary rehearsal.
TSP technique training sessions are as follows:
Tuesday 1:30pm – 2:50pm
Thursday 12:50pm – 2:50pm
During technique class, students will also be provided the opportunity to engage in different Dance genres and choreographic activities.
Students are required to attend ALL rehearsals.
“As a teacher, I am very aware that every student has different needs. Not all dancers are made the same, and that is what makes each of us so exciting to watch on stage. I intend to help you achieve your performance and technique goals whilst allowing you to grow and learn skills that will help you with life beyond high school”.
– Helena Kyriacou
Follow Instagram @dancetsp_endeavoursportshs for weekly highlights of our program!
If you are interested in joining TSP Dance please contact the school for further information.
$750 per annum
Below is a video highlighting the features and opportunities of our TSP dance program: