Boys and Girls
Endeavour Sports High School is now a designated a
Sydney FC Football School
And as such Sydney FC;
- Talent identifies students in and through our program
- Has a full time Sydney FC coach on campus for all players in the ESHS program
- Works closely with our staff to ensure our coaching reflects principles pursued by Sydney FC
- Uses Endeavour as a pathway to selection in the Sydney FC Academy
Endeavour offers students an opportunity to combine academic studies with elite standard training at the school.
- The program is fully integrated into the school curriculum so that no students’ academic progress is jeopardised whilst pursuing their opportunities offered by Endeavour in relation to football.
- A number of our past football players have excelled in their HSC including Greg Kal (ATAR 99.6), Shahreen Leech (ATAR 96.6), Elizabeth Drakopoulos (ATAR 97.5) and James Rioseco (ATAR 94) all being a past school DUX or high achiever.
Within the football curriculum all students have the opportunity to receive tuition in:
- Speed Training
- Strength Training
- Tactical Training
- Match Analysis
- Sports Science
- Goal setting
- Public Speaking
- Cross Training
- Social and Ethical responsibilities
- Sprint Technique
- Fitness Principles
Each group will be supervised and coached by a qualified Sydney FC coach. This coach coordinates and works with every student in the ESHS Football program to ensure these students are coached using the Sydney FC structure.
The program also has Football qualified coaches who are who are teachers at the school. They will mentor their players to ensure they have every opportunity to succeed in sport and in their education whilst they are at Endeavour Sports High School.
These teachers, as well as being coaches, act as welfare advisers and in that capacity will “keep an eye on their group” to ensure that their experiences at High School and in particular Endeavour Sports High School will be positive and rewarding.
Pat McCann (Sydney FC Staff Coach)
- FFA (AFC) A Licenced Coach.
- Current Sydney FC U/15 Academy Coach.
- Past assistant technical director Capital Football
- Member of the FFA technical study group for the National Championships
- Performance analyst for the Matildas.
Teresa Polias (Sydney FC Staff Coach)
- Current Sydney FC W League Captain.
- Part completed advanced licence coaching.
Peter O’Riordan (Program Director)
- State License Coach (advanced B License).
- Current NSW Combined High Schools Assistant Football Convener.
- Current NSW All Schools Coach.
- Past NSW State Team Coach (Open Women)
- Past First Grade Sutherland Coach in Women’s Premier League.
- Past elite development coach for Football NSW
- Past U15 and U 18 Youth Representative Boys Coach
Karen Bradley (Teacher and Program Mentor)
- State License Coach (advanced B License).
- Past Girls 14 State Coach for Football NSW
- Past Coaching Coordinator Girls at Sutherland
- Past coach of Premier League Youth Girls teams at Sutherland.
- Elite development coach for Football NSW.
Training (Practical sessions)
- 2 morning sessions
- 1 technical session on a Tuesday afternoon
- 1 girls only gym session on a Thursday afternoon
Years 7 to 10
- 3 sessions per week all within normal school times
Years 11 and 12
- 3 morning sessions per week
All boys and girls have access to the school weights gym for personal training programs developed by the school’s Director of Athletic Development
- 1 international size synthetic pitch
- 10 pitches designed for 5 a-side
- Access to all 5 Sports Facilities 7am until 4pm
- Indoor futsal pitch
- Weights room
- Change room facilities
- Lecture rooms
Whilst the primary aim of TSP in Football is to develop the individual in relation to individual skills and team play, Endeavour also considers it important that all players develop attitudes and knowledge about the importance of team commitment.
As a result Endeavour enters teams in all State High School sanctioned competitions (Open’s and U/15’s), Futsal competitions (U/13 through to Open) and inter Sport High School gala days (Year 7 and 8)
Sydney FC also arranges regular trial games for all age groups against the other two Sydney FC schools from Sydney South West and Sydney West.
All of these events help the players to develop an appreciation for the attributes of team play, commitment, respect, tolerance, determination, support for each other, a positive work ethic, integrity and initiative. These attributes go beyond our Football program to reflect our Endeavour Expectations throughout the school.
- Chantelle Symes – Australian U/15 Camp
- Jake Girdwood-Reich – NSW Futsal Golden Boot
- Christian Mancevski – Metropolitan East
- Jono Vakauta – Metropolitan Far South
- Michael Hassapis – Metropolitan East
- Sean Woods – Metropolitan Far South
- Nelson Lam – Metropolitan Far South
- Stanley Kosasih – Metropolitan
- Brae Ovens – Metropolitan
- Ben Wass – Metropolitan
- Jesper Webber – Metropolitan
- Alexandra Tims – CHS 2’s
- Savannah Clift – CHS 2’s
- Abbas Karnib – Metropolitan East
- Abdull Ghazal – Metropolitan South
- Jared Kadar – Sydney East MVP
- Byron Kay – Italian Tour
- Isaac Wardle – Australian U/15 Futsal Tour of Brazil
- Perry Thomas – Sydney FC U/20’s player
- Thomas Meier- Sydney FC U/18’s player
- Alex Lopez – Western Sydney Wanderers U/20’s
- Jesse Photi – Shadow NSW Metropolitan
- John Fotopoulos – Shadow NSW Metropolitan
- Presley Ortiz – Shadow NSW Metropolitan East
- Lucas Ramirez – Shadow CHS U/16’s Metropolitan East
- Cody Ashburner – Metropolitan South
- Jade Lockton – Sydney Far South
- Abigail Boag – Sydney South
- Aimee Hall – Sydney Far South
- Samantha Payne – Sydney Far South
- Sienna Hillier – Sydney Far South
- Melody Nelson – CHS 2’s Most Valuable Player
- Nathan Hancock, Tristan, Michelmann, Alex Lopez, Jared Kadar – Sydney East Representative
- Alexandra Tims, Melody Nelson, Jade Lockton, Savannah Clift, Isabella Georgievski – Sydney East Representatives
- Tristan Michelmann – NSW All Schools
- Jared Kadar – NSW All Schools
- Nathan Hancock– NSW All Schools
- Alex Lopez– NSW All Schools
- Daniel Goni – NSW Futsal
- Carlos Barriga Bardalez – NSW Futsal
- Jake Girdwood-Reich – NSW Futsal
- Isaac Wardle – Australian U/15 Futsal
- Girls U/19’s Grand Finalists
The annual fee for the football program is $1250 (Boys) and $1000 (Girls).
This covers all training uniforms, coaching sessions, training equipment, coaching and refereeing courses, nutrition and school administration charge.
All students are supplied with 2 training shirts, 2 playing shorts and two pairs of socks to be used at all training sessions.
A school tracksuit and socks is purchased as part of the school uniform.
TSP Football supplies all playing strips for all competitions. These remain the property of Endeavour Sports High School.